Simplify Your Form W-2 Online Filing with ExpressEfile!
Only pay $1.49/form to
e-file your W-2 Form directly with the SSA.
Forms will be scanned and validated for basic errors to ensure that you have transmitted your returns error-free with the SSA.
Instant Filing Status
We will notify you about the filing status through the registered email once the SSA accepts your Form W-2. You can also check the status right from your account.
Mail Employee Copies
Save your time and money in sending your employee copy. Choose ExpressEfile to mail copies to your employees for just $1.50 per form.
What is Form W2?
Form W-2 is the Wage and Tax statement used by employers to report employees’ annual wages and the taxes withheld from the paycheck to the SSA. Employers must also send copies to the employees and the same information has to be filed with the state.
When is Form W2 due?
The due date to file Form W-2 with SSA and to send recipient copy is on January 31, 2020. File your Form W-2 on time with SSA to avoid penalties.
What are the different copies available for Form W2?
An employer requires to distribute the copies of Form W2 as follows:
- Copy A — For Social Security Administration
- Copy 1 — For State, City, or Local Tax Department
- Copy D — For Employer
- Copy B — To Be Filed With Employee’s FEDERAL Tax Return.
- Copy C — For EMPLOYEE’S RECORDS
- Copy 2 — To Be Filed With Employee’s State, City, or Local Income Tax Return
How to complete Form W2 using ExpressEfile?
The deadline to file Form W-2 is January 31st which is fast approaching. Get started with ExpressEfile and complete your W2 filing in a few simple steps.
Expressefile is one of the IRS authorized e-file providers that offer the fastest ways to complete your information returns such as W-2 and 1099-MISC with the SSA/IRS.
Here is the step by step guide to Complete your Form W-2 with ExpressEfile.
Step 1: Choose Form W-2
Choose “Form W-2” from the list of forms and continue with your filing.
Make sure you have all your information ready with you to complete your filing in a minute.
Step 2: Fill out your Form W-2
In the next step, you will be shown the form where you can enter your form information one by one.
Form W-2 consists of various financial information and you must take utmost care while filling out such important information.
After entering the required information on your Form W-2, click on the “save and continue” button to proceed further.
Step 3: Create an Account
- If you had already filled with ExpressEfile, just log in using your existing account.
- And If you are a new bee, please create an ExpressEfile account to complete your filing.
Step 4: Choose Service
ExpressEfile provides you with two different services “IRS E-file Compliance” and “Complete Compliance”
- “IRS E-file Compliance” lets you e-file your federal Form W-2 with the IRS directly.
- “Complete Compliance” lets you e-file your Form W-2 with the IRS and also mail the copy to your employee.
Choose “IRS E-file Compliance” or “Complete Compliance” as per your needs and continue.
In case, if you prefer to paper file your Form W-2, you can download “Form W-2” and mail it to the IRS on your own.
Step 5: Completing E-file Information
In order to e-file your Form W-2 with the SSA, you have to provide the information about the type of employer, and the type of payer. Provide this information and click “Next” to continue.
Step 6: Form validation
ExpressEfile will validate your Form W2 to make sure that it is error-free to transmit with the SSA. Any errors identified will be prompted and you can fix it right from there.
We validate your Forms by parsing IRS business rules and Form field level validations to make sure that your forms are error-free.
Step 7: Transmit Form W2 to the SSA
Once the process is completed, your Form W2 will be transmitted to the SSA and you will be notified via email once the SSA processed and accepted your Form W2. You can also check the status right from the dashboard.
What is the penalty for not filing Form W2?
You will be charged a penalty under section 6721 if you fail to file Form W-2 by the due date.
- If you file Form W-2 within 30 days of the due date, you will be charged a penalty of $50 per Form W-2.
- If you file Form W-2 after 30 days of the due date, you will be charged a penalty of $110 per Form W-2.
- If you file Form W-2 after August 1, you will be charged a penalty of $270 per Form W-2.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I print W2 and W3 for my own records?
- Does ExpressEFile send employee copies of Form W-2 to the employees?
- Why SSN is masked in Form W-2? Will the federal and the state agencies accept the form with the masked SSN?
- I have sent Form W-2 with error to the employee. How to send the corrected information?
- Does ExpressEfile support prior year tax filings for Form W-2?