Benefits of Filing Form W-2 Online With ExpressEfile
Experience the best benefits if you choose to E-file Form W-2 through ExpressEfile.
Instant Filing Status
Receive instant notifications by email once the SSA processes your Form W-2. You may also check the status in your account.
In-built Error Check
Basic validation of your Form W-2 will be done to make sure there are no errors in your returns, thereby reducing the chances of rejection.
Opt for postal mailing and we’ll mail copies of Form W-2 to your employees on your behalf. Save time
Download Form Copies
After transmitting the return to the SSA, you can download the copies or email them directly to
File with confidence
How to File Form W-2 Online?
Below are the best benefits you’ll get when you E-file Form W-2
Enter the form information such as employer and employee info, federal wages and taxes, FICA taxes, and state wages
Review the draft form and make sure you have entered the correct information. If you find any mistakes, you may
Transmit the Return
Once you review the form, you can transmit it directly to the SSA. You’ll receive notifications as soon as your return
Information Needed to E-File Form W-2
Here are the details required to file Form W-2 online:
- Employer Details: Name, EIN, Employer Type,
- Employee Details: Name, SSN, Address, and
- Federal Details: Federal wages and federal income tax withheld
- FICA Details: Social security and Medicare
- State Details: State wages and state income
- Local Tax Details: Local, city or other income
If you have the above information ready, start filing
Form W-2 online.
This was an ideal W-2 solution for a small church like ours. The price was very reasonable. You will see me next year for sure.
- Tim G
Easy and low cost
- Barry Dictson
Excellent service. Easy to complete filing and reasonable pricing.
- Vincent G
So much easier! I would recommend every W2 filer to use the service.
- Wayne S
Thank you for the user friendly and understandable flow! Keep it up.
- Cherie S
Bulk filing is a lifesaver. Completed my filing in no time.
- Dea N
Make the smart choice of e-filing
Frequently Asked Questions on Form W-2
Who must file Form W-2?
Any employer who have one or more employees to whom they made payments for their services in business or trade must file Form W-2. That is, you must file Form W-2 if you have:
- Withheld any Social Security, Medicare tax, or income tax from employee wages
- Paid $600 or more wages, even if income, social security tax, and Medicare tax aren’t withheld
Also, employers are required to send a copy of Form W-2 to their employees.When you e-file Form W2 with ExpressEfile, you can choose the postal mailing option to let us send your employee copies on your behalf.
When is the deadline to file Form W-2?
Form W-2 must be filed on or before January 31st with the SSA. You can file the return either electronically or by paper filing. However, the SSA recommends that you e-file Form W-2 for an error-free filing and quick processing. Please note that a copy of Form W-2 must also be sent to employees before January 31.
Deadline to file Form W-2 for the 2020 tax year is February 01, 2021.
E-file Form W-2 with ExpressEfile and get the filing status instantly. E-File Now
Are there any penalties for filing Form W-2 late?
Yes, there are penalties for filing Form W-2 late or not at all. You may also have to pay penalties if you have filed form with incorrect information.
A penalty of $30 per Form W-2 will be imposed for filing after the deadline. The penalty will increase to $60 per Form W-2 if you're filing 30 days after the deadline, and the penalty will further increase up to $500
($200 for small businesses).
What are the copies available in Form W-2?
There are 6 copies in Form W-2 and each has its own purpose. Below are the copies of Form W-2:
- Copy A - Submitted by the employer to the Social Security Administration (SSA).
- Copy B - To be sent to the employee and the employee files it with their federal income tax returns.
- Copy D - To be maintained by the employer for their records.
- Copy C - To be retained by the employee for their records.
- Copy 1 - To be filed with the employer's state or local income tax returns.
- Copy 2 - To be filed with the employee's state or local income tax returns.
If you e-file Form W-2 through ExpressEfile, you will get all these copies and have an option to mail employee copies on your behalf.
E-File Form W-2 Now